Licensing and Post Licensing Requirements for Potential Louisiana Real Estate Salesperson
All applicants for a real estate salesperson license in the state of Louisiana must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have obtained a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (GED);
- show proof of successful completion of ninety (90) hours of real estate education in courses approved by the LREC;
- pass the real estate salesperson licensing examination;
- be sponsored by a licensed real estate broker;
- comply with all application procedures required by the LREC;
- obtain a criminal background history prior to issuance of license; and
- complete a 45 hour post licensing course within 180 days of becoming licensed.
- If a license is granted, the prospective licensee must provide proof of errors and omissions insurance prior to license issuance.
- If the potential licensee has been convicted of a felony, he or she must appeal to the Louisiana Real Estate Commission for permission to be licensed before applying for their license.
Last modified: Thursday, January 26, 2023, 9:35 AM